Dr. Sudhirkumar Kale
Lead Consultant Radiology
Dr. Sudhir Kale is a renowned radiologist and has a rich experience of 20 years in radiology with expertise in CT and MRI cross-sectional imaging. He is specialised and well-versed with advanced MRI & CT applications in multiple sub-specialities with expertise in Gastro imaging, Oncology, Liver transplant imaging, MSK imaging, Pulmonology, Coronary imaging and Head/Neck imaging. He has also special interest in Artificial intelligence in Radiology. He has interpreted more than 2 lakh cross section imaging scans which include advanced imaging in multiple sub-specialities.
Dr. Kale did his post-graduation in radio diagnosis from Barnard Institute of Radiology - Madras Medical College. He is a PG teacher and Guide for the national board of examinations (New Delhi). He is also a professor and HOD for Bachelor of medical imaging technology Aster-RGUHS. He is an academic head for the radiology postgraduate training program, radiology technologists including fellowship program in Aster CMI hospital. He is currently Vice President for the Karnataka state chapter of IRIA. He is a governing council member for Aster medical imaging (India).
He is very active in academic activities in radiology education in IRIA and ICRI. He is fellow of Indian college of Radiology and Karnataka state coordinator for ICRI. He is national Speaker for ICRI Teaching Program. He is a subject expert in radiology for the national board of exams. He is on expert panel for National advisory scientific committee of IRIA 2023. He is a member of society of oncologic imaging of India and European college of Radiology.
He has given 270 plus platform presentations in CME, state and national conferences and international conferences. He has conducted as organising chairman and scientific chairperson many conferences and CME at state and National levels.
MBBS, DNB FICR, FIMSA, MNAMS.
Total experience in years: 18 yrs experience.
Area of expertise
• Abdominal Imaging
• Liver imaging
• Head and Neck imaging.
CT / MRI imaging in multiple sub specialties: Abdominal imaging, Head & Neck, Onco imaging and MSK Imaging. At present also focusing on artificial intelligence in health care.
- Lead Consultant Radiology in Aster CMI hospital - Bangalore.
- Governing council member - Aster Medical Imaging India.
- Professor and PG teacher for DNB (National board of examinations) – Aster CMI.
- DNB Examiner – National board of examinations.
- Professor and HOD for Bachelor in Medical Imaging technology Aster – RGUHS
- Vice President – IRIA (Karnataka state chapter) 2023
- Member and expert for National advisory scientific committee 2023.
No. of procedures so far (approx.) More than 1 lakh CT / MRI reports.
Key procedures performed: Liver transplant imaging, advanced Intestinal imaging, Onco imaging, Coronary imaging, MSK and Head /neck imaging.
Territory director and HOD radiology Medall clumax diagnostics Indiranagar Bangalore.
Awards & Recognitions
- About 260 plus platform presentations in CME, state and national conferences including international oral presentations.
- Fellow of Indian College of Radiology (FICR).
- Award for Academic excellence: Karnataka State chapter IRIA 2022
- Certificate of appreciation and recognition towards activities of IRIA 2020 and 2021 by national IRIA.
- Chairman Excellence award for advanced diagnostics at ASTER CMI hospital 2023
- Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy
- Academic head: Radiology training program in Aster CMI hospital.
- Scientific Committee Co- Chairman- National IRIA 2021 -22
- Scientific Committee Chairman- State IRIA 2022.
- Quiz Master for National IRIA and Karnataka state chapter IRIA
- Organizing chairman and conducted Liver imaging CME with workshop Karnataka (5th November 2017), MR/CT LIVER onco imaging CME Karnataka ( 21st July 2019), Pediatric Neuroimaging CME Karnataka (5th Jan 2020)
- Co- Director for ILD CME and workshop (15th July 2018).
- National level award winning scientific presentation in 56th Annual national IRIA conference Jaipur, Birla auditorium, 4 – 7th Jan 2003.
- National Speaker for ICRI Teaching Program and radiology clinics.
- National prize for best scientific oral presentation in 56th Annual national IRIA conference Jaipur, Birla auditorium, 4 – 7th Jan 2003 as post graduate.
- Appreciation award towards teaching activities of IRIA 2020 and 2021 by national IRIA.
- National appreciation Award for Scientific Committee Co- Chairman- National IRIA 21 -22
- Appreciation Award by president Royal College of radiologists (UK) 2023 for RCR REAL-IRIA collaborated program.
- IRIA: Indian Radiology and Imaging Association.
- IRIA membership (2002 to 2011) folio No: 371 / TN -299
- IRIA membership transferred to Karnataka (2011 to current) folio number: 487 LM / KAR-414
- ICRI: Indian college of radiology & imaging: ICRI NO: R4 /K-10B
- IACI: Indian association of cardiac imaging.
- ISGAR: Indian society of gastroabdominal radiology.
- ECR: European congress of radiology.
- Society of oncologic imaging India.
- Many publications published in national and international journals.
- Principal Author of chapter on Neurophakomatoses in comprehensive textbook of clinical radiology (Elseveir publication) and in text book of fibroids with color atlas.
- Fibrosing mediastinitis mimicking as chronic pulmonary thromboembolism DOI: 10.1259/bjrcr.20190049: BJR Case Rep.
- Extramammary orbital myofibroblastoma: a rare orbital tumor DOI: 10.1080/01676830.2020.1711781
- Active overt obscured gastrointestinal bleeding due to ectasia of the anterior inferior pancreaticoduodenal artery and its endovascular management in a treated case of superior mesenteric artery stenosis. J Clin Interv Radiol. DOI: 10.1055/s-0038-1676158 - 0.5
- "ADDED VALUE OF STRAIN ELASTOGRAPHY IN CHARACTERISATION OF BREAST LESIONS: A PROSPECTIVE STUDY - 1
- Successful Management of an Unusual Complication after Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt ProcedureNischal. G. Kundaragi1 Naresh Bhat2 Sudhir Kale3 - 0.5
- Umbilical urachal infection - 0.5
- Rare cause of Carpal tunnel syndrome: Thrombosis of the Persistent median artery' - 0.5
- Mesenteric ischemia - a radiologic perspective abdominal radiology - 0.75
- Primary hepatic neuroendocrine tumor: A rare entity - Radiology case reports
- Utility of chest x-ray in hospitalised COVID-19 patients - 1
- Can strain elastography be used in reclassification of indeterminate breast lesions in BIRADS lexicon?: A prospective study -1